Creating a Successful Application
First Nations has compiled several resources for applicants who may need assistance creating a successful proposal.
Preparing to Submit Your Application
Preparation for successful applications should include, but is not limited to, the following steps:
- Thoroughly read and review guidelines within the specified Requests for Proposal.
- Read through First Nations’ Frequently Asked Questions document.
- Browse through First Nations’ other documents listed under Grantseeker Resources.
Grants That Rise to the Top
Successful grant applications typically include, but are not limited to, the following considerations:
- Projects or programs that emphasize strengthening Native American, Alaska Native, or Native Hawaiian communities
- A clear focus within projects and programs connected to the organization’s stated mission
- Proper alignment with stated funding priorities and eligibility guidelines
- A new or innovative idea or an ongoing effort that substantially builds upon past success
- The ability and/or experience necessary to successfully accomplish the proposed project
- Strong and diverse leadership that reflects the community served
- A clear plan of action with specific, measurable, and realistic goals and objectives
- Logical and sequential development of project or program implementation timelines
- Accurate, reasonable, and consistent project or program budget
- Projects that incorporate periodic assessment, documentation, and dissemination of progress and final results
- Feasibility, cost-effectiveness, and sustainability of proposed projects or programs
- Sufficient organizational capacity to successfully implement the proposed project or programs
- Strategic plans for collaborating and forming partnerships
- Direct engagement of target audiences within the planning, implementation, and evaluation process
- Support from the project’s or program’s targeted audience
- Potential for application and replication in other Native communities
- Proper completion of all application documents and required attachments
Download a PDF of this information here.
Return to Grantseeker Resources.