Through this project, First Nations is leading multiple efforts to support community partners in addressing climate change and promoting environmental justice.
This work is made possible through a partnership with the Bezos Earth Fund, a $10 billion commitment launched in 2020 to fund scientists, activists, NGOs, and private-sector entities that are taking critical action to combat the climate crisis, preserve and protect the natural world, and support climate justice. Click on the links below to view the grantees.
- Read First Nations’ press release about the grant award from Bezos Earth Fund.
- Read First Nations’ press release about the grant recipients.
The project resulted in the publication of three First Nations reports that illustrate how the strongest approaches to climate change and other environmental impacts are found in Native communities. The reports share stories, models, and perspectives from the 25 community partners.
- A Summary of Native Workforce Development Models
- Climate Change & Building Adaptive Capacity Across Indian Country
- Climate Leadership Across Indian Country: A Summary of Regional Climate Change Dialogues
- Press release about the reports – November 30, 2023
- Insights from project lead and Stewarding Native Lands Associate Director Jacque Demko (Mandan, Hidatsa, and Arikara Nation)